This is interesting...
Thursday, July 18, 2019
Whose Praise is not of Men, But of God
Rom For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.
Rom Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Rom And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
Rom For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
- Is Your Confidence in an Act of Faith (i.e. circumcision, baptism, communion or some other outward expression of faith) that You Have Committed in the Past? – vs. 25-28*
- An Act of Faith is profitable, if you keep all of God’s law – vs. 25a*
i. Galatians 5:1-15
- Yet if you break God’s law then your Act of Faith is worthless. – vs. 25b*
i. Galatians 3:10-14
- How can you claim to be better than those without God if you do not keep the commandments of God? – vs. 26-27*
i. Philippians 3:2-9
- Do you honestly believe that outward conformity to God’s law or outward displays of faith is what saves you? – vs. 28*
i. Galatians 6:12-14
- Is Your Confidence Truly in Christ Alone? – vs. 29*
- What does a saved man look like?
i. He has a changed heart
1. Salvation cannot be achieved by an outward action.
a. Romans 10:9-10
ii. He is filled with the Spirit
1. Salvation is only possible through the work of the Spirit showing you the truth of the Law and enabling you to live it out.
a. 2 Thessalonians 2:13
iii. He Gives all the glory of his salvation to Christ Alone
1. Salvation is not for the praise of men but for the praise of God and therefore is His work alone.
a. Romans 8:29-33
Friday, July 12, 2019
The Moralist Condemned Under the Law
Rom Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
Rom And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;
Rom And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
Rom An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.
Rom Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
Rom Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
Rom Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
Rom For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
- Where is Your Confidence Oh Man? – vs. 17-20*
- Is your confidence in your ethnic identity? – vs. 17a*
i. Romans 3:9
- Is your confidence in your morality? – vs. 17b*
i. Romans 3:10
- Is your confidence in your claim on God? – vs. 17c*
i. Romans 3:11
- Is your confidence in your ability to know the will of God? – vs. 18a*
i. Romans 3:12
- Is your confidence in the fact that you approve of good things? – vs. 18b*
i. Romans 3:13
- Is your confidence in the fact that you have been taught morality? – vs. 18c*
i. Romans 3:14
- Is your confidence in your ability to open the eyes of those that are spiritually blind? – vs. 19a*
i. Romans 3:15
- Is your confidence in your ability to enlighten others? – vs. 19b*
i. Romans 3:16
- Is your confidence in your ability to teach the foolish? – vs. 20a*
i. Romans 3:17
- Is your confidence in your ability to project a knowledge of God’s truth? – vs. 20b*
i. Romans 3:18-20
- If You are So Assured in Your Ability to Save Yourself and Others Maybe You Should Ask the Following Questions. – vs. 21-23*
- Do you teach that a man should not steal yet justify it when you do? – vs. 21*
i. Mark 11:17
- Do you teach that is adultery is wrong yet lust in your heart? – vs. 22a*
i. Matthew 5:27-28
- Do you preach against idolatry yet neglect your relationship with God because of your fascination with the world? – vs. 22b*
i. 1 John 2:15-17
- Do you claim to love God’s law yet dishonor Him by breaking His commandments? – vs. 23*
i. James 2:10
- You Have Made a Mockery of God by Claiming to be of God and Continuing to Live a Life of Sin. – vs. 24*
- David mocked God when he fell into sin
i. 2 Samuel 12:14
- Who Then Can Be Saved?
- Those that are in Christ!
i. The Law shows us our desperate need for aid
1. Galatians 3:22-24
ii. Christ is our only hope to live a life of faith. All the glory of our salvation is found in Him alone.
1. 2 Corinthians 4:3-7
Wednesday, July 3, 2019
This was very helpful as always...
All Men Are Held Accountable to God’s Law
Rom For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
Rom (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
Rom For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
Rom In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
- All Men Suffer the Consequences of Breaking God’s Law – vs. 12*
- Whether they have heard the law or not all men will die and this is the punishment for breaking the commandments of God. The Jews were just as guilty of breaking the law because they had explained away the power of it with their false tradition.
1. Matthew 15:1-9
- All Men Are Expected to Follow God’s Law – vs. 13*
- It is not the hearers of the law that are justified but the doers.
i. James 1:21-25
- There is Blessing for Any Man that Follows God’s Law – vs. 14*
- Even those who are not exposed to the written Law of God can follow it and if they do God will honor them. (For example Ruth and Rehab) – vs. 14
i. There are countless examples of people in the scripture and in history, who were longing to follow God and God revealed Himself to them.
1. Acts 10:1-6
- All Men Have a Work of the Law in Their Hearts – vs. 15*
- The conscience is the Law of God put into the heart of every man, woman and child. – vs. 15
i. All the cultures of the world acknowledge a need for justice. (for example Hammurabi who laws closely reflect God.)
1. Romans 1:19-20
- All Men Will Have to Answer to the Lawgiver and Judge: Jesus Christ – vs. 16*
i. Revelation 20:11-15
- What was Paul’s Gospel?
i. All have sinned
1. Romans 3:23
ii. Sin deserves eternal separation from God
1. Romans 6:23
iii. Jesus Made Full Payment For All Sin
1. Romans 10:9-10