This was very helpful. It is so important to get our basic doctrines correct in order that application flows properly out of the truth.
Saturday, March 23, 2019
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Saturday, March 16, 2019
1 John 3:19-24
Believe in the Name of Jesus
1Jn 3:19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
1Jn 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
1Jn 3:21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
1Jn 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1Jn 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.
- Those that Are Filled With the Love of Jesus Are Compelled by the Power of that Love to Love Others – vs. 19*
- It is not possible to love into action apart from Christ. When you see it happen in your life, be assured of His work of grace in your heart, helping you to do His will in your life.
i. 2 Corinthians 5:14-19
- God’s Love is Greater than the Fear and Condemnation in Your Heart – vs. 20-21*
- When you feel doubt and guilt arise in your heart go back to the cross. Remember it is not your works that save but the completed work of Christ on the cross.
i. Romans 4:4-8
- Rest in the Forgiveness of Christ – vs. 22*
- Do you believe the truth that anyone that asks for forgiveness in Christ will receive it? If you place your trust in Christ than He will provide the grace necessary for you to live out His commands.
i. Philippians 1:6
- The Only Command that Christ Expects Your to Obey is to Receive Him – vs. 23*
- The amazing thing about the gospel is that it is all a gift. Christ gives us the faith and then He gives us His love for others. All the praise and glory belongs to Him.
i. Ephesians 2:1-10
- If You Are Born Again in the Power of His Love Then it is Now Natural for You to Follow His Command to Love Others. As You Love Christ He Will Love Others Through You – vs. 24a*
- John 15:12-17
- If the Love of Christ Has Begun to Flow Through You Then You Can be Assured of the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit, and the Surety of Your Salvation. – vs. 24b*
- Galatians 4:4-7
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
1 John 3:11-18
Let Us Love In Deed and Truth
1Jn 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother’s righteous.
1Jn 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.
1Jn 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
1Jn 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
1Jn 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
1Jn 3:17 But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
1Jn 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
- The Children of God Love One Another – vs. 11
- James 2:8-9
b. 1Timothy 1:5
c. Galatians 6:2
2. The Children of the Devil Murder Because of the Hate in Their Heart – vs. 12a
a. Hebrews 11:4
b. Jude 1:11
3. The Children of the Devil Hate Righteousness Because Their Deeds are Evil – vs. 12b
a. Genesis 4:6-7
4. The Children of the Devil Hate Christians – vs. 13
a. John 15:18-19
5. The Children of God Love Their Fellow Christian – vs. 14
a. One of the greatest evidences of saving faith is a love for the brethren. Do you love fellowship with Christians or are you isolating yourself from fellowship because of anger in your heart?
i. 1 Peter 1:22
6. Hate is of the Devil and Those that Follow Him Are Filled with it – vs. 15
a. James 4:1-2
7. The Love of God is Fathomed by a Process of Discovery - Meditate on the Unconditional Love of Christ for You, Then Share it With Others, and Then Repeat the Process. – vs. 16
a. 1 John 4:7-11
8. How Can God’s Love Dwell Within Some One that Overlooks the Needs of His Brother in Christ? – vs. 17
a. 1 John 4:20-21
9. Talk About Love is Meaningless, Unless it is Supported by Action – vs. 18
a. Matthew 25:42-45
Thursday, January 31, 2019
Here is last weeks message for those that would like to catch up. Thanks for watching
1 John 3:4-10
He Was Manifest to Take Away Our Sins
1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
1Jn 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
- Sin is a Transgression of the Law – vs. 4*
- Law is love and love is law
i. Galatians 5:13-14
ii. Matthew 22:37-40
- Intimacy with Christ Melts Away Sin – vs. 5*
- Hebrews 1:1-3
- Sin Comes From a Lack of Intimacy With Christ – vs. 6*
- John 3:16-21
- All Righteousness Shines Out of Christ – vs. 7*
- Romans 6:15-18
- All Sin is Part of the Eternal Rebellion of the Devil From God - vs. 8a*
- John 8:44
- Intimacy with Christ Melts Away the Works of the Devil – vs. 8b*
- The love of Christ is like the sun coming out and completely melting away the devils icy grip on our lives.
i. Hebrews 2:8-14
- The Love of Christ is So Powerful that When Planted in our Hearts it Grows it Eventually Conquers Every Corner of our Rebellious Hard Heart – vs. 9*
- 1 John 5:1-5
- The Love of God Explodes Out of His Children and Spills Out Everywhere – vs. 10a*
- Ephesians 4:32
- Those Who are Not Children of God Continue to Grow Inward Eventually Caving In Completely With Self Love – vs. 10b*
- 1 John 3:14-15
Thursday, January 24, 2019
1 John 3:1-3
Behold What Manner of Love the Father Hath Bestowed on Us
1Jn 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1Jn 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
- We Are Changed into the Likeness of Christ by Beholding His Love. – vs. 1a
- As you put the love of Christ before you by placing it in your meditation He transforms your desires and gives you His righteousness. You begin to love Him rather than love the world. This is how we are transformed and are enabled to live a sinless life.
i. Romans 5:8, 1 John 4:9-10, Ephesians 3:17-21
- As We Behold the Love of Christ it Changes Our Identity and Invites Us into the Family of God. – vs. 1b
- When we understand that God’s love is truly an undeserved gift we begin to truly fathom the depth of His grace. Then we start to understand how truly wonderful it is to be a child of God.
i. Romans 8:31-35
- Do Not Be Surprised When the World Distains You. Remember that They Distain You Because They Distain Your Father. – vs. 1c
- John 15:18-19
- Do Not Forget Because You are a Child of God it is Not Yet Completely Revealed What You are to Become. – vs. 2a
- Romans 8:18
- Someday We Will See Our Savior Face to Face and Know Him as He Knows You. – vs. 2b
- At the glorious revelation of Christ our sin nature is wiped away and we are joined with Him in perfect harmony.
i. 2 Corinthians 3:17-18
- We Are Made Pure by Our Hope in Christ’s Transforming Power. – vs. 3
- It is in the knowledge Christ that we are sanctified.
i. Philippians 3:7-10