Thursday, May 2, 2013

First Days as a Pastor at Stonyford Community Church


Wow what an exciting time unloading the trailers unpacking the office and especially the books. We have had a very warm welcome here in Stonyford as the people here have poured out the love of Christ on us. We have been so blessed meeting all the new people that go to our church and some that do not go to our church but are vital parts of this community. I have to say a hearty thank you to you all that live here in Stonyford for your gracious welcome.

Stonyford is a beautiful community here about two and half hours drive northwest of Sacramento California. While driving back out here the words to that old song kept going through my head.

California here I come 
Right back where I started from

God has certainly blessed and we are so excited about serving here in Stonyford and seeing the amazing things that God is going to do. We are so glad for the faithful that have been serving here for so long helping to put us in a starting place we could have never dreamed of. While there are many here in Stonyford that are faithful servants of the Lord there is much work to be done and we covet your prayers as for us and those that we are serving beside in the Lord's work.



We had a great men's Bible study last night as we are studying through Matt chapter five. There was a some great discussion and some wonderful thoughts on such a key passage of scripture. My first sermon is Mother's day on the 12th so you can be praying for me as I prepare for that. God bless you all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How exciting, Kevin! We'll definitely be praying! I'm so glad it worked for you guys to see the family while you were down here! Emily was SO happy to see the kiddos again! It's so neat to see how the Lord is opening doors for you. We miss your preaching-and the older folks miss you at Carmel-we sang Be Thou My Vision on Sunday there and it reminded me of you!:) You're in our prayers!! Say hello to Darleen and the kiddos for me!:)