Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Political Views

Dear Reader,
Thank you so much for your support and interest lately and I am aware that there are probably some of you that are just starting to follow my blog now that I am now the pastor of  Stonyford Community Church. You may have noticed that I have been rather liberal in expressing my conservative views on this blog. I hope that you do not find any of this offensive as I have thought long and hard about my views and do not take them lightly. Although I do understand that there are those of you out there that hold differing opinions that you hold just as dear. Let me say here and now that it is perfectly fine with me (although I might hope that you might change over to my viewpoint :) ). I am always happy to discuss with any one concerned about what I have posted on these pages and I am fully aware of the fact that I may have easily missed something that could clarify my views. I would also be happy if you express that to me through the internet or in person. What I hope to do here is have a form of my learning. A place to express tough ideas and concepts that I believe no one on earth has the complete answer to. You may notice that I come across strong in my presentation but my intention is not to offend but simply to dialog. I firmly believe that we cannot strengthen our beliefs until we can discuss them with friends and sometimes enemies to round out the finer points. All of us have something to learn and I put my name at the top of that list but learning is not possible until we get out there and study and discuss the questions of life. The stagnant society is the one that does not allow discussion, prohibits books and learning and bans the congregation of people. In the words of Heinrich Hein a German Jewish poet "Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings." Evil is not interested in hearing the viewpoint of the opposing side, and truth does not fear scrutiny.



No comments: