Friday, September 19, 2014

Back to School

Yeah, that is right I am heading back to school. No, I am still in Stonyford CA and still preaching at the church there. I plan to work, probably slowly, through the classes that I am doing correspondence from Freedom Bible College and Seminary. The class that I am starting out with has me delving into this book "Handbood of Denomintions in the United States".  I get to write a section on each of the denominations in the United States. So if you see something of that nature popping up on this blog then you will understand. I plan to put a lot of my college writings here on this blog as well as my political leanings and other things I find interesting. If you find any of it offensive then feel free to comment, and naturally I will delete it. I am kidding of course because I do like being challenged in my growth and as long as it is not offensive I will not delete it. Even though we might not agree on every subject a discussion is always a good thing.

I see these studies as a benefit to my work here in Stonyford a number of ways. 1) Being that when you stop learning you should stop teaching, because you very quickly become a stagnate pond. I want to keep as sharp as I can, and the best way to do that is to continue to study and be challenged in my thinking. 2) Is questions, yes I get a lot of these in my profession and I prefer to give intelligent answers not pat answers with little study behind them. This again requires studying as much as I can about the Bible and the world God has created. 3) Is that a degree (unfortunately in some cases) does give a certain level of credibility to your teaching. These are a few of the reasons that I am going back to school to finish my degree among many.

I plan to hopefully get my B.A. in Church History. This I am sure will take some time and I hope to bombard you with my opinions on all these topics as I study them. Thanks for keeping up with us Westons as well as praying for and supporting our ministry. May God bless you.

No comments: