Saturday, June 10, 2017

Psalm 13

Psalm 13
The Heart Cry of a Burdened Soul

Psa 13:1  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? 
Psa 13:2  How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me? 
Psa 13:3  Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death; 
Psa 13:4  Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved. 
Psa 13:5  But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. 
Psa 13:6  I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me. 

  1. The Perplexing – vs. 1-2*
    1. Has God forgotten me? – vs. 1a*
    2. Does God despise me so much that He will not look at me? – vs. 1b*
    3. How long will I be left with my own reasoning? – vs. 2a*
    4. How long will I be left with overwhelming grief? – vs. 2b*
    5. How long will I be left with Satan rejoicing over my downfall? – vs. 2c*
  2. The Prayer – vs. 3-4*
    1. Look at me lovingly and hear my prayer; my Lord and my God. – vs. 3a*
                                                               i.      Psalm 31:7 
    1. Lift up my soul so I do not fall into overwhelming depression. – vs. 3b*
1.      Psalm 18:28 
                                                             ii.      David wants God to answer the two previous points of his prayer so that: - vs. 4*
1.      His enemy does not pronounce his victory over him
2.      Those that want to hurt him rejoice when they see him waver in his belief
  1. The Praise – vs. 5-6*
    1. David purposes to trust in the mercy of God no matter the circumstances. – vs. 5*
                                                               i.      The reason for that is, so he will experience joy in his heart.
1.      Psalm 33:21 
    1. David purposes to sing praises to God. – vs. 6*
                                                               i.      The reason for that is, God has dealt bountifully with him in the past.

1.      Psalm 21:13  

No comments: