Saturday, January 13, 2018

Psalm 22:14-17

Psalm 22:14-17
The Cross Perfectly Predicted (Part 1)

Psa 22:14  I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. 
Psa 22:15  My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. 
Psa 22:16  For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. 
Psa 22:17  I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. 

  1. Blood and Water Came Out of Jesus Demonstrating the End of His Life.  – vs. 14a*
    1. This is one of the greatest evidences of the actual death of Jesus on the cross and crushes the modern “swoon theory”.
                                                               i.      John 19:33-36 
                                                             ii.      1 John 5:6-9 
  1. The Body of Jesus Was Spread Out on the Cross. – vs. 14b*
    1. This is another reference to the crucifixion almost a thousand years before it was invented. Only Scripture can be this accurate.
                                                               i.      John 19:18-19 
  1. Jesus Died of a Broken Heart Before His Bones Were Broken.  – vs. 14c*
    1. John 19:30-31 
  2. Jesus Suffered Excruciating Thirst. – vs. 15*
    1. John 19:28-29 
  3. Jesus Was Crucified by Gentiles – vs. 16a*
    1. Matthew 27:27-31 
  4. Jesus Hands and Feet Were Pierced By Nails. – vs. 16b*
    1. Luke 23:33 
  5. None of Jesus Bones Were Broken. – vs. 17a*
    1. John 19:32-33 
  6. Those that Called for the Crucifixion of Jesus Sat Around to Watch His Agony. – vs. 17b*
    1. Matthew 27:36 
  7. What is the Purpose of Knowing These Details?
    1. To give you the confidence to know what you believe well enough to proclaim it to a lost and dying world, which desperately needs it.
                                                               i.      Psalm 22:31 

                                                             ii.      Romans 1:16-17  

No comments: