Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Psalm 23

Psalm 23
The Lord is My Shepherd

Psa 23:1  A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 
Psa 23:2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 
Psa 23:3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 
Psa 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 
Psa 23:5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 
Psa 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. 


  1. David Makes a Declaration of Faith that God is His Shepherd. The Rest of This Psalm is About the Benefits of the Choice that David Has Made. – vs. 1a*
                                                               i.      John 10:7-11 
    1. The Shepherd fills our deepest need. – vs. 1b*
                                                               i.      James 1:2-8 
    1. The Shepherd gives us rest in peaceful places. – vs. 2*
                                                               i.      Revelation 22:16-17 
    1. The Shepherd regenerates our broken soul and gives us new desires. – vs. 3*
                                                               i.      Ephesians 2:1-10 
    1. The Shepherd’s presence gives us comfort in hard times. – vs. 4*
                                                               i.      Isaiah 41:9-10
    1. The Shepherd invites us to a banquet of grace. – vs. 5*
                                                               i.      James 4:6 
    1. The Shepherd provides for me a home and an identity. – vs. 6*
                                                               i.      2 Timothy 4:18 
                                                             ii.      Psalm 16:11 


No comments: