Wednesday, May 30, 2018

II Timothy 4:6-8


II Timothy 4:6-8
I Have Fought the Good Fight!

2Ti 4:6  For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 
2Ti 4:7  I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 
2Ti 4:8  Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. 

  1. Paul’s Faith Had No Reserves. – vs. 6*
    1. Paul is ready to give his life as a sacrifice for God’s service.
                                                               i.      Romans 12:1-2 
                                                             ii.      1 Peter 2:9-12 
    1. Paul knows that his death is at hand.
                                                               i.      Philippians 1:21-24 
  1. Paul’s Faith Would Not Retreat. – vs. 7*
    1. Paul fought the good fight.
                                                               i.      1 Timothy 6:12 
    1. Paul finished his course.
                                                               i.      1 Corinthians 9:24-27 
    1. Paul kept his faith
                                                               i.      Hebrews 12:1-2 
  1. Paul’s Faith Had No Regrets. – vs. 8*
    1. Paul Received Glory
                                                               i.      Revelation 19:11-16 
    1. You Can Receive the Same
                                                               i.      All we have to do receive the same glory, is to love the appearing of Christ
1.      1 Corinthians 2:9 

No comments: