Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Matthew Everhard: From Critical text to Majority Text interview.

Very interesting discussion. Unfortunately, I have experienced the prejudice against the Byzantine  preference throughout my professional carrier. I have been purposely passed over for advancement many times and even on occasion threatened. It is unfortunate that so many make this such a divisive issue in the midst of all of this attack from the world today. To attack some one for a different textual preference is literally the definition of 'arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.' I never want to mediate on the mistakes of the past, but the church needs to learn that attacking herself is not going to create harmony with the world. We are not looking for harmony with the world, we are looking to serve our Master who promises us: 

Joh 15:17  These things I command you, that ye love one another. 
Joh 15:18  If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 
Joh 15:19  If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 
Joh 15:20  Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 
Joh 15:21  But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. 

A love of the world is not compatible with a love for Christ...

1Jn 2:15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 
1Jn 2:16  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 
1Jn 2:17  And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. 

No comments: