Thursday, August 10, 2017

Psalm 18:1-6

Psalm 18:1-6
God Saves Those That Love Him

Psa 18:1  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, the servant of the LORD, who spake unto the LORD the words of this song in the day that the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul: And he said, I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. 
Psa 18:2  The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. 
Psa 18:3  I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. 
Psa 18:4  The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. 
Psa 18:5  The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. 
Psa 18:6  In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. 



  1. This Psalm is a Psalm of Thanksgiving for God’s Deliverance for David from Saul. – vs. 1a*
  2. David Loves the Lord for the Following Reasons: - vs. 1b-2*
    1. God is his strength
                                                               i.      Psalm 18:32-40 
    1. God is his rock
                                                               i.      Psalm 62:2 
    1. God is his fortress
                                                               i.      Psalm 91:2 
    1. God is his strength
    2. God is the person in which he places his trust
                                                               i.      Hebrews 2:13 
    1. God is his buckler
                                                               i.      Psalm 28:7-8 
    1. God is horn of his salvation
                                                               i.      Psalm 132:17 
    1. God is his high tower
                                                               i.      Proverbs 18:10 
  1. David Calls on God for the Following Reasons. – vs. 3-5*
    1. God is worthy to be praised
                                                               i.      Because God saves us from our enemies
1.      Enemies in this life
a.       Fear of death
b.      The floods of evil men that seem so prevalent
2.      Enemies in the next life
a.       The sorrows of hell
                                                                                                                                       i.      John 6:27 
b.      The traps of sin which produce death
                                                                                                                                       i.      Romans 6:23 
                                                             ii.      Because God hears my prayers – vs. 6*
1.      God listens in times of trouble
2.      God hears our prayers from his temple
a.       1 Corinthians 6:19-20
3.      Our prayers indeed reach the ears of God

a.       Hebrews 4:14-16  

No comments: