Thursday, August 24, 2017

Psalm 18:16-19

Psalm 18:16-19
God Saves You Because He Delights in You!

Psa 18:16  He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters. 
Psa 18:17  He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me. 
Psa 18:18  They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay. 
Psa 18:19  He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me. 

  1. God Reaches Down to Save You from Certain Death. – vs. 16*
    1. Psalm 30:2-3 
  2. God Saves You From Your Enemy - vs. 17*
    1. Your strong enemy
                                                               i.      1 Peter 5:8 
    1. Those that hate you
                                                               i.      John 10:10 
    1. Those that are too strong for you to overcome
                                                               i.      2 Corinthians 10:4-5 
  1. God Saves You From Difficult Situations. – vs. 18*
    1. When the enemy holds you down God sustains you.
                                                               i.      God sustains you by allowing you to escape into a place of freedom
1.      Psalm 119:45 
2.      Psalm 119:133-134 
  1. The Reason God Saves you is: - vs. 19*
    1. Because He delights in you.
                                                               i.      Romans 8:1 

                                                             ii.      Zephaniah 3:17  

No comments: