Friday, July 7, 2017

Psalm 16:1-6

Psalm 16:1-6
Preserve Me, Oh God!

Psa 16:1  Michtam of David. Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust. 
Psa 16:2  O my soul, thou hast said unto the LORD, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee; 
Psa 16:3  But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight. 
Psa 16:4  Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips. 
Psa 16:5  The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. 
Psa 16:6  The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage. 

  1. The Heart Cry of Every Believer is that God Preserves Their Faith. – vs. 1*
    1. Galatians 2:20 
    2. John 10:27-30 
  2. I Call Yahweh, Lord and Master – vs. 2*
    1. I am not good enough to obtain the favor of God.
                                                               i.      Romans 3:23 
                                                             ii.      Romans 6:23 
                                                            iii.      Romans 10:9-10 
  1. A Message for All Believers – vs. 3-4*
    1. You are worthy
                                                               i.      2 Corinthians 5:17-18 
    1. You bring us delight
                                                               i.      1 Thessalonians 3:9-10 
    1. Those that follow other gods will only have sorrow
    2. Do not make blood covenants with other gods
    3. Do not make oaths of allegiance to other gods
  1. God is the One that Gives Us Salvation – vs. 5*
    1. He is the keeper of our Salvation
                                                               i.      John 3:16 
                                                             ii.      Hebrews 12:2 

  1. Because of Christ’s Work on the Cross we are become the Center of the Loving Trinity. – vs. 6*
    1. 2 Corinthians 13:14 
    2. 1 John 1:3-4  

No comments: