Thursday, July 13, 2017

Psalm 16:7-11

Psalm 16:7-11
The Pleasures of God

Psa 16:7  I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. 
Psa 16:8  I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. 
Psa 16:9  Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. 
Psa 16:10  For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 
Psa 16:11  Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. 
  
  1. Two Things for Us To Purpose to Do: – vs. 7-9
    1. Choose to worship God – vs. 7
                                                               i.      We worship God for two reasons:
1.      God gives us council through His word
a.       Isaiah 50:4 
2.      God’s word revives our conscience, so we can trust it in the dark times of life
a.       1 Timothy 4:1-5 
    1. Choose to meditate continually on God – vs. 8
                                                               i.      When we meditate on God by thinking about His word:
1.      He indwells us
a.       John 15:3-4 
2.      He does not allow us to falter
a.       Hebrews 13:5 
    1. Joy is always the product of these choices – vs. 9
                                                               i.      When we worship and meditate on God and His word it produces joy
1.      Psalm 104:34 
                                                             ii.      We are filled with uncontrollable rejoicing
                                                            iii.      Our flesh has a place of rest, and a future hope
1.      1 Corinthians 15:55-57 
  1. Two Things God Purposes to Do for You – vs. 10-11
    1. God will not permit your soul to go to hell – vs. 10
                                                               i.      Because Jesus went to hell and came back; you do not have to go there
                                                             ii.      Because Jesus rose again so can you
1.      Romans 8:11 
    1. God will show you the path of life – vs. 11
                                                               i.      In God’s presence is complete satisfaction
1.      Proverbs 4:18 
                                                             ii.      At His right hand is pleasure forever.
1.      Psalm 36:8-9 





No comments: