Saturday, February 11, 2023

Ephesians 2:1

 

Ephesians 2:1

You Have Been Made Alive!

 

Eph 2:1  And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 

         1.      You Were Dead in Sin

a.       A dead man cannot fix his past

                                                              i.      Ephesians 2:11-18 

b.      A dead man cannot see the light

                                                              i.      Ephesians 5:6-8 

c.       A dead man cannot comprehend

                                                              i.      2 Corinthians 4:4 

d.      A dead man’s brain is empty

                                                              i.      Ephesians 4:17-18   

e.       A dead man cannot perceive the spiritual world

                                                              i.      1 Corinthians 2:14 

f.        A dead man has no life

                                                              i.      Romans 8:5-7 

g.      A dead man must be brought back to life

                                                              i.      John 3:5-8 

h.      A dead man must be given a new heart

                                                              i.      Ezekiel 36:25-27 

                                                            ii.      “I am not what I ought to be

I am not what I want to be

I am not what one day I will be

But I am not what I was

And by the grace of God I am what I am”

 

-          John Newton

No comments: